Miscellaneous Vehicle Insurance
Miscellaneous Vehicle Insurance Policy covers Vehicles used for special purpose of the insured or used by insured's employees for such purpose and in specific cases for hire or reward, but excluding racing, pace making, reliability trial, speed testing and use for any purpose in connection with the Motor Trade.
What does this Policy cover?
The Policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle insured arising out of:
- Fire, Explosion, Self Ignition, Lightning, Burglary, Theft, Riot, Strike, Malicious Act, Terrorism, Earthquake, Flood, Typhoon, Accidental External Means, Landslide Or Rockslide, Road/Rail/Inland Waterway/Air Transit
It also provides cover against Legal Liability to third party personal injury and property damage arising out of an accident involving the vehicle as required under Motor Vehicle Act 1989.
The Policy further provides for compulsory Personal Accident cover for owner driver.
- Loss of accessories - electric or electronic
- Legal liability to Paid Driver, cleaner or any workman
- Personal Accident Coverage to the occupants
Other Salient Features
- Provision of No Claims bonus for claims free experience
- Discount for opting higher voluntary excess
- Discount for approved anti-theft devices installed on vehicle
- Concession for especially designed/modified vehicle for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons
- Depreciation, for the parts needing replacement in the accident is defined
- Discount for restricted area of usage
The Policy does not cover the following
- Any accidents outside the Geographical Area
- Consequential loss, normal wear and tear
- Driving without valid License for the class of Vehicle. Driving under the influence of liquor/drugs
- Vehicle not being used as per Limitation as to use given in the policy
Note: The above are only the salient features of the Policy, for complete terms and conditions please refer to Company’s Policy Wordings.